Who are the children
"at risk" ?
Children’s mental health problems pose
a tremendous burden. They are highly prevalent,
and the problems they cause can last long into
adulthood. In the end, they consume a vast amount
of financial and human resources.
Who are the
kids most at risk?
- The 1 in 5 children with a mental health
- The 1 in 10 children with aggressive behaviour
- The 1 in 3 children who experience physical
or sexual abuse.
- The 1 in 20 teenagers who are clinically
- The 1 in 20 children who start school without
the skills needed to learn.
- The 1 in 200 children who are diagnosed with
- The 8 in 10 children who grow up in single-parent
- The 8 in 10 children needing treatment for
mental health problems
who never receive it.